PEACE is a non-profit organization, located in the Punta de Mita region of Mexico, north of Puerto Vallarta, is continually
seeking volunteers and funding to continue to expand geographically to other areas in Mexico. Established in 2005,
PEACE works hand in hand with communities in Mexico to provide holistic education combined with community action
programs that enable people to improve their quality of life as well as their financial stability.
DONATIONS NEEDED FOR PEACE “WORK FOR FOOD" PROGRAM
Punta de Mita, Nay. May 12, 2011 -
Local Co-Op Goes Global through PEACE Boutique
Local women’s artisan co-op, Manos Unidas por la Mujer (United Hands for Women,) has transitioned from an educational PEACE non-profit program, to what is now the PEACE Boutique, a Mexican art distributor and social enterprise. PEACE Boutique seeks to provide artisans and cooperatives from small communities in Mexico the opportunity to sell their products in stores and markets throughout North America. 100% of generated profits are donated to PEACE, a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
PEACE is in need of donations to continue this successful program. Oil, tuna, rice, beans, cleaning supplies and clothes are suggested.
Please contact email@example.com for drop-off locations.
Provides children and adults with programs and opportunities to develop the necessary skills to be successful, positive contributors to their multi-cultural, multi-lingual societies.
- Free, alternative school for students who are not enrolled in public schools for various reasons
- English and computer classes to community members
- Celebrate the Beat educational dance program
- Work for food program
- Free complementary education workshops held weekly
- Free continuing education for adult
“If there is to be an ecologically sound society, it will have to come from the grassroots up, not from the top
down.” Paul Hawken, Author
HELP THE ANIMALS
Responds to the challenges of the un-wanted pet population in Mexico through aggressive spay/neuter programs, education and adoption.
- Free spay and neuter clinics
- Free continuing education courses for local vets and volunteers
- Free or low cost veterinary services
- Community-wide education about the humane treatment of animals
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Mahatma Ghandi, Lawyer, Philosopher, Activist
Seeks to foster ownership and pride in the community through programs that demonstrate the importance of protecting the environment.
- Recycling, organic farming and compost education
- School, city, beach and river beautification projects
- Recycling bin distribution
“Community cannot feed for long on itself, it can only flourish with the coming of others from beyond, their
unknown and undiscovered brothers.” Howard Thurman, Theologian, Clergyman, Activist
UNITED HANDS FOR WOMEN
Empowers women to move toward financial independence by providing business recourses, education and training.
- Women are taught design and craft skills, and provided a venue to sell their art
- Free health, psychological and nutrition classes
“A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture, and transform.” Diane Mariechild,
Get Involved, Volunteer!
We are always looking for enthusiastic, passionate people to join our team! We will place all volunteers according
to their interest and skills and our current need. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator for more information
about how you can get involved and what our current volunteer needs are: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Practice a foreign language
- Enjoy the biodiversity and natural beauty of Puerto Vallarta’s
jungle, beach and mountains
- Challenge yourself with real time work experience
- Make a difference in the lives of women, children and animals
Six varying internships are available which focus on the environment, protection of animals, education, women’s empowerment, marketing and administration
Contact email@example.com for information and to apply.
“Everybody can be great, because everybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve.
You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul
generated by love.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
Thank you for your interest in donating to PEACE! Regarding your donation, we are able to offer you tax deductible
receipts in the US, Canada and Mexico.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org when you’re ready to make your donation
- $25 will spay or neuter an animal
- $60 will allow a psychologist to implement workshops with the women of Manos Unidas every week
for one month
- $100 will support a group of women to attend English classes for one month
- $250 will support 5 beach or river clean-ups
- $500 will sponsor the PEACE community center for one month
- $1,000 will sponsor a mobile classroom teacher in the animal clinic for one month
PEACE Discount Program
Become a PEACE member for only $300 pesos a year ($23 USD) and enjoy discounts from over twenty restaurants and
stores throughout the bay including Vallarta Adventures, Davanna Yoga, Luna Luna and Ibis de Teresa to name a few!
Your year-long membership is paid for with just three tickets to a Vallarta Adventures tour!
100% of proceeds benefit local non- profit PEACE that focuses on education, entrepreneurship, animal well-being, and
To purchase your ticket, visit www.thepeaceboutique.com and click “shop online” or contact email@example.com
Click here to purchase http://thepeaceboutique.onlybusiness.com/onlinecatalog/default.aspx/peace_discount_program-list.aspx
If you would like to donate to this worthy cause and would like to help out, send your tax deductable donations to the following:
Checks can be made out to PEACE, Inc. and mailed to:
1134 Monroe St.
Thanks for your help, your help is very appreciated!
www.thepeaceboutique.com – shop online!