Vallarta Botanical Gardens
An educational research center and pleasure garden high in the glorious Sierra Madre Mountains. These Botanical collections feature over 3,000 different species of plants. Our gardens are in a unique tropical dry forest ecosystem at 1,300 feet above sea level, against the breathtaking backdrop of soaring mountain peaks.
The Vision - To build Mexico's greatest botanical garden here in the enchanted highlands of Jalisco, Mexico.
The Mission - To create Mexico's foremost botanical garden for the propagation, study, discovery, conservation and display of Mexican native plants for enjoyment by Puerto Vallarta's residents and its visitors.
• Both Native and Non-native collections of orchids, palms, ferns, bromeliads and cactus
• Easy walking on paths and swimming in the Crystal Pools of the Los Horcones River.
• The Tree Fern Grotto offers a close-up walk in the tropical mountain forest.
• Hike the Blue Agave Hills.
• Puerto Vallarta's best photo safari and great Bird watching!
• Easy Public transportation to and from Gardens on the El Tuito-Botanical Gardens Bus
A day spent enjoying the gardens would not be complete without a stop at our fabulous restaurant Hacienda de Oro, the focal point of the gardens overlooking the sparkling Rio Los Horcones. The menu ranges from salads to wood-oven baked pizza and Italian calzones plus wonderful selections of Mexican specialties. There is also a full cocktail bar, wine list and an assortment of coffee drinks.
Free Wireless Internet available in our Visitors Centers.
The Gardens are available for weddings and other special events.
• ATV Outback Tours
• El Tuito to Mayto Beach ATV Tour
• Birding Tours by ATV
• Guided Hiking Tours
• Guided Outback Walking Tours with the Curator
Orchid plants, Various plants and seeds, pots, planters, statuary, books, posters, hard to find Mexican fine artisanal - folk art, locally grown organic coffee, and gift items are available at our Gift Shop. You will receive exciting discounts with your membership at our plant sales and in our restaurant and gift shop.