Dr. Díaz uses advanced equipment and world-renowned techniques to guarantee safe, hygienic and minimally invasive procedures.
Degrees & Certifications
Certificated with the Mexican Board of Otolaryngology.
- National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Otolaryngology – University of Guadalajara (UdeG)
- Board Certified by the Mexican Council of Otolaryngology
- Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery – Centro Médico Nacional de Occidente
- Certified in FESS (Functional Endoscopic Nasal Surgery)
- International Theoretical-Practical Course of Facial Surgery and Endoscopy in Otorhinolaryngology
Monographic Course – Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology
- Approval and Certification of the Examination of the Mexican Board of Otolaryngology.
- Course of Surgical Anatomy of the Corpse’s Neck and Face in “Dr. Juan Felipe Sanchez Marle”.
- International Theoretical-Practical Course of Facial Surgery and Endoscopy in Otolaryngology.
- Monographic Course “Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology” Rotation at the “Visiting Physicians Program” House Ear Institute in Los Angeles, California.
- Assistance to the National Congress of the Mexican Federation of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery.
Av. Héroes de Nacozari 280 Bucerías, 63732 Riviera Nayarit, Nay.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Tuesday & Thursdays (10 am – 1 pm)
Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure to reshape the nose. In the majority of cases it is a cosmetic procedure which may be combined with additional work to also help improve nasal breathing, Intranasal surgery to improve airflow is typically a covered procedure by most insurance companies. In choosing a surgeon to perform rhinoplasty surgery it is important to have one who is experienced in both how the nose looks and how it works. Ideally patients should have a nose that looks good and works well.
The extent of surgery depends on the number of changes the patient wants. Sometimes rhinoplasty involves a simple reshaping of the hump or a change of the tip of the bridge. Other times it requires much more extensive surgery. Dr. Diaz carefully explains the procedure to each patient who comes to his office for rhinoplasty.
Regardless of the extent of the change, the surgery involves separating the skin of the nose from the bone and cartilage in order to reshape the bone and cartilage. Once the desired shape’s attained, the skin is re-draped and attached, and the nose is splinted to ensure it retains its shape while healing.
Rhinoplasty carries the same risks of any surgery, including the risk of infection and reaction to anesthetic. Patients may also experience swelling and bruising after surgery, but this will typically go away after time. Overall, rhinoplasty is a safe procedure when performed on healthy patients by a qualified doctor.