- Gastric Bypass – The most frequently performed type of bariatric surgery for the treatment of morbid obesity.
- Gastric Sleeve – Highly safe and effective treatment for weight loss.
- Gastric Sleeve with Bipartition – A relatively new technique where a connection from the stomach to a portion of the intestine is created.
With this maneuver, it is possible to stimulate the intestine, to induce the hormonal effect that leads to the remission of insulin resistance and even type 2 Diabetes.
- Revision Surgery – Can correct all kinds of problems and eliminate complications that may have occurred in past surgeries.
Bariatric Surgery can significantly improve your health
Many patients reduce or overcome weight related health issues such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and type II diabetes. Patients with sleep apnea and other sleep disorders generally experience noticeable improvements.
Improving your quality of life!
Fully bilingual staff ready to serve you in areas of Merida, Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta area.
- Dr. Eduardo Del Villar trained at the University of Guadalajara as a General Surgeon, later he entered the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) where he specialized in Bariatric Surgery.
His extensive 15+ years of experience has placed him on the medical staff of important institutions such as the IMSS and the Metabolic and Bariatric Center for the Treatment of Obesity.
He has a training in Treatment of Burns in Pediatric Patients carried out at the Civil Hospital of Guadalajara.
- Bariatric Surgeon. Metabolic and Bariatric Center for the Treatment of Obesity.
- Director and Member. Surgical Staff at the Metabolic and Bariatric Center
- Assigned Physician. Mexican Social Security Institute
- Provider Surgeon at the Jalisco State Pension Institute 2014-2016
- Abdominal Trauma Surgeon at Qualitas Siniestros.
- Member of the Intestinal Failure Unit. For the care of patients with post-surgical complications.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery by UNAM at ABC Medical Center
- Member of Mexican Association of General Surgery (AMCG) AC 2009 – Present
- Member of American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). 2013
- Member of Latin American Federation of Surgery (FELAC)
- Member of College of General Surgery of Jalisco (CECGJ) AC
Tarascos 3426-103 Col Monraz, Guadalajara, Mexico, 44670
Hospital Angeles Del Carmen
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Hiatal Hernia Surgery
- Surgery of the abdominal wall
- Gastric bypass
- Obesity Surgery
- Diabetes Surgery
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- General Surgery
- Metabolic Surgery
- Gastric reflux
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
The type of weight loss surgery that is best for you depends on your particular situation. Our surgeons will take into account many factors, such as body mass index, eating habits, other health problems, previous surgeries, and the risks involved with each procedure.
Bariatric treatment is totally personalized, we must be aware of what your reality is in order to make a better decision, however you can rest assured, currently bariatric surgery is the best method to lose weight and redeem diseases associated with obesity.
Recovery from bariatric surgery is quite fast when performed by excellent equipment and methods. With preparation before surgery and if advanced anesthesia and surgery methodology is used, the hospital stay is no more than 2 days.
After leaving the hospital, the patient can take daily walks of 1 hour, and follow the nutritional instructions. It is a progression diet, adapted in textures, where the first 10 days they must eat a specific diet.
In labor terms if your employment is of the corporate type, that is; office or some other type of relatively quiet employment in a matter of physical demands, the patient may return to work after the first week of having undergone surgery.
In the case of a job that requires more physical effort, such as carrying heavy things or carrying out activities that require a lot of physical effort, the recommended time to rest is 30 days, during which you should avoid carrying things that weigh more than 15 kilos(30).
No, today the great advantage of many of the abdominal surgeries, such as pendience surgery, gallbladder surgery, obesity surgery, hiatal hernia surgery, some types of inguinal or ventral hernias, even large surgeries such as colon or receptions of tumors inside the abdomen is that they can be done by laparoscopy, it is minimally invasive surgery in most cases there are only 4 or 5 small incisions that help us to have little pain, little risk of infection, no trace of scars and a recovery of no more than a week.