It is the most commonly performed Bariatric Surgery around the world due to its excellent results and its lower impact on the absorption of nutrients in the human body.
- It consists of removing about 80% of the gastric tissue, decreasing the gastric capacity from about 1 liter of volume to only about 100 ml, that is, you will be satisfied eating only about 10% of what you can normally eat.
It is considered the gold standard procedure in bariatric surgery. Gastric bypass has two mechanisms to achieve weight loss. This procedure helps us lose a little more weight than the gastric sleeve, and up to 85% of our excess weight.
It is a different surgical technique from gastric bypass, in which we leave a slightly larger stomach and only perform an anastomosis from the stomach to the small intestine. This surgery makes us lose more weight, but it can also make us absorb fewer vitamins and minerals.
It is the procedure with the best long-term results in the objectives of losing weight and improving metabolic diseases, but with a great disadvantage, which is the risk of malnutrition and deficiencies in minerals and vitamins and the need for greater supplementation.
Bariatric surgery has proven to be very effective in weight loss, but after a while, if we do not maintain good nutritional habits, we can experience weight regain. In these cases, we can offer various review procedures, offering a second chance to get you on the right track.
Gastric balloon placement is a weight loss procedure that involves placing a saline-filled silicone balloon in your stomach. This helps you lose weight by limiting how much you can eat and making you feel fuller faster.
Common Bariatric Surgeries
- Gastric Bypass – focuses on reducing the size and capacity of the stomach. A new intestinal connection is made, which allows leaving a portion of the intestine inactive to absorb nutrients.
- Gastric Sleeve – approximately 80% of the stomach is removed, reducing its capacity, so that the portions that you will be able to consume will be small but without feeling hungry.
- Gastric Balloon – sphere made of a soft, innocuous material, inserted into the stomach and filled with a saline solution (500ml), decreasing the feeling of hunger and giving a feeling of early satiety after eating.
Did you know?
The youngest patient to undergo weight loss surgery was a 12-year old girl.
It may sound extreme, but in some cases it is the only way to treat obesity and co-morbidities that are likely to develop, while being overweight is progressing into adulthood.
Effective treatments for weight loss and fight against health problems caused by obesity. Bariatric Surgery in Mexico! Tijuana, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta. Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass.
Dr. Jesús Margarito’s Dedicated Team
- Medical studies at the University of Guadalajara, graduate for academic excellence.
- Specialty in Western National Medical Center.
- Training in Advanced Laparoscopy endorsed by the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery.
- Training in Bariatric Surgery endorsed by the Mexican College of Surgery for Obesity and Metabolic
C. Colomos 2110, Ayuntamiento, 44620 Guadalajara, Jal.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday – Saturday (9 am – 7 pm)
Saturday (9 am – 2 pm)
It is estimated that you can lose between 60 and up to 90% of your excess body weight , however this is variable. The procedure carried out properly includes monitoring by a multidisciplinary group that can help you reach the goal of being at your ideal weight.
The same day after your surgery it is recommended that you start walking. The benefit of minimally invasive surgery is present in bariatric procedures so pain will not be a concern. Rest after this type of surgery does not require whole days in bed and you will be able to do your activities without depending on another person.
The most frequent complications are minor, which means that they do not endanger the patient’s life. It can be a risk of infection or bleeding from somewhere that only requires medical treatment.
The frequency of severe complications is less than 1%. The bariatric surgeon is trained to detect these complications in time and give them proper management so that they do not put your health at risk.